• SP series is an STS (Standard Transfer Specification) compliant, electronic valve controlled, water meter.
• With the SP series you are assured of continuously good metrology and revenue protection at the same time.
• A handy remote keypad Customer Interface Unit (CIU), is offered to enter recharge tokens and information short codes.
• The CIU is installed within the customer’s premises.
• The water meter is housed away in locked-up boxes or premises.
• The communication between CIU and the meter can be NB – loT or RF – LoRa on request.
• The meter is available with AMR data transmission features.
Technical Specifications – Domestic Prepaid Customer Water Meter.
• Water meter is Multijet type with LCD (Liquid Crystal Display)
• Has approved SA Number and test report for every meter
• Brass / plastic meter body on request
• Meter is not separate from electronic module
• Has manufacturers name on it
• Built in strainer and non-return valve
• Magnetic drive mechanism with anti magnetic protection
• External regulating device
• Nominal 1.5 m3/h @ 0.5 bar
• Minimum operating pressure = 0.3 bar
• Maximum operating pressure = 14 bar
• Max 3.0 m3/h @ 3 bar
• Easily accessible Inlet filter
• Battery life span minimum of 10 years
• Over 10 years’ data storage in absence of power
• Robust tag reader
• Credit is added to the meter by numeric token or Tag
• Pre-programmable low credit warning
• Tariff steps are determined on the meter in real-time
• Meter resets cost structure at the start of each month or day
• Lifeline options
• Possible leak warning
The prepaid meter remote control provides the following customer information:
• Code value
• Debit Value if any
• Valve Status
• Battery Status
• Meter Reading
• Communication Status
• Credits Status
• Prepaid function on/off
• Prepaid and post-paid hybrid
• Meter box injection moulded UV resistant PVC materials
• Prepaid meter to withstand from S·C to SS·C
• Meter registers in cubic meters (m3) with decimal display
• Prepaid meter has automatic reading facilities
• Contains no external reed switch to avoid tampering
Prepaid Meter Remote Control (Customer Interface Unit).
• Open vending platform.
• Multiple vending points, e.g. retailers, banks, petrol stations, etc.
• 24 Hour vending availability.
• Unrestricted prepaid meter installation location due to vending point constraints
• Daily, weekly, monthly meter readings.
• Automatic credit transfers from vending point to CIU.
• Meter information inside the comfort of the user’s home.
• 2.4” Screen with Large font & easy to use interface
• 12 Key button pad
• Battery powered
• Battery life: up to 10 years (User Replaceable option available)
• Easy mounting on any surface
• Wireless communication to meter: Up to 50m range
• Reading through LoRa, NB-loT and GPRS/3G
• Remote meter information and credit update
• Standard Transfer Specification (STS) compliant
• Weight: 140g
• Wet dial and Rotary piston mechanism (Optional)
• Free Basic water allocation daily or monthly (Optional)
• Meter can go into debt (Optional)
• Above Ground Box (ABG) or Ground Level Box (GLB)
• Water temperature: ≤50°C for cold water meter
• Water pressure: ≤1.6MPa (16bars)
• Customer pays for water meter units and receives a Token
• Code on the Token is entered into Customer Input Unit (CIU)
• CIU transmits number of units bought to the water meter
• Water meter releases water equal to the units bought
• STS System is approved by STS Association
• Able to convert Token Data into water meter if customers have their own STS Association approved Token Data Card
• CIU can be used for long distance by Radio Frequency
Note: Special code required from the supplier/manufacturer to activate the on/off prepaid function.
Specification Sheet: PM DN15:20 Class C STS Multi Jet PP Meter v4